Monday, January 08, 2007

Better Late than Never

This should have been up earlier but, well, you can read the title.

On Friday night we dug into the "games to be played" shelf and pulled out Betrayal at House on the Hill. This is a flawed but fun game about exploring a haunted house. We have the revised version which corrects some of the problems, but we still fell prey to the "how does the underground lake end up on the second floor?" problem. I definitely want to play it again, as I'm curious how the other scenarios work out. (For the curious, we ended up playing number 33, Creature from the Lake). In general, I think the game gets the atmosphere right, even if there are some rules problems.

On Saturday we went an engagement party for some friends and ended up playing Wits and Wagers, a great trivia game that I have played a bunch of but haven't had a chance to talk about on the show yet. Gwen describes it as a trivia game for people who aren't good at trivia, which seems pretty accurate considering she's beaten me several times. She wasn't playing this time (she was instead distracted by a fascinating little geometric game called Tantrix), so I was able to win. The amusing thing is that it wasn't even our copy of the game; Brian just happened to know one of the creators through a friend of a friend and had picked up a copy.

So, with two new games played through the end of the first week, I'm on pace to hit 100 new games in 2007. We'll see how long that keeps up.

1 Comments:

Blogger Emmie said...

Well this is a nice blog... I'm pretty curious about the games u have mention here... surely love to try out one sometime....u can as well drop by My blog sometime and share something u may find interesting...!!!

12:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home