Friday, June 01, 2007

Make No Secret Of It

I quite like Covenant. The system doesn't force the central conceit of the game down your throat, but the back-and-forth nature of conflicts, the tight focus on relationships, and the inevitability of Consequences makes it a solid espionage game in the Le Carre/Sandbaggers mode (though it could probably do Alias/Mission: Impossible/James Bond just as well).

Which is to say: last night's session went really well. I actually felt good about my GMing. Inspired by Jesse's Sorcerer & Sword game last weekend, I hit the ground running by very aggressively framing a scene for each player and then letting them take it from there. Everyone seemed to respond well to me hosing their characters from the get-go. And I had no idea that it was going to end up how it did. Story Now, baby. Story Now. We'll do one more session next week.

2 Comments:

Blogger Matt Machell said...

Great to hear!

Did the group hit any good Moments of Truth in play?

2:16 PM  
Blogger Paul Tevis said...

Not yet, though it's possible we will next session. As a group, we tend be slow about resolving character issues.

2:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home